Microsoft® have increased the maximum qualifying specifications for devices being sold with Windows® National Academic Licensing. This change is great news for UK educational establishments in the Key Stages 1-5 range, who can now get even better devices with Windows Pro installed through Microsoft's technology access programmes (TAP), formerly known as Shape The Future.
Earlier in the year, Microsoft redefined its TAP qualifying criteria, limiting the processor, memory, storage and screen size for devices being sold with Windows National Academic Licences, but some of those criteria have now increased. With immediate effect, PCs, all-in-ones, laptops, tablets and 2-in-1 devices can now incorporate up to 128GB of SSD storage, and tablets and 2-in-1 devices can now have up to a 13.3 inch screen (previously these components were limited to 64GB and 12.5 inches respectively).
Who/what qualifies for National Academic Licensing?
Recent changes to qualifying criteria shown in green
- Key Stage 1-5 educational establishments (ages 5-19)
- Includes both government and privately funded schools
- Must be part of new PC device from named Microsoft partner (e.g. VeryPC)
- Qualifying device specs as follows:
- Desktop, Laptop and All-in-One: entry level CPU*
- Tablet and 2-in-1: mid range CPU*
- All devices: up to 4GB RAM
- All devices: up to 128GB SSD/eMMC or up to 500GB HDD
- Laptop: up to 14.1" display
- All-in-One: 17" and larger display
- Tablet and 2-in-1: 13.3" and smaller display
*CPU must be on a Microsoft pre-approved list for each device type. Contact us to check if the device you need qualifies. Call 0845 0345 017 or 0114 321 8609 (option 1 for sales), email your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about National Academic Licensing or get a quote for one of our many TAP qualifying computing devices, please get in touch:
Call 0845 0345 017 or 0114 321 8609 (option 1 for sales)
Email your account manager or email@example.com
Andy - MD